Lemon Garlic Monterey Jack Chicken
Not gonna lie, sometimes I am not the best cook. Sometimes I find it too time-consuming, or difficult, or I just feel lazy, or whatever. However, sometimes I am struck by a stroke of kitchen genius (madness?) and decide to invent something without being sure of how it’s going to turn out… Then I watch my fiance’s face closely to see if my new creation is a success, or if it Should Never Be Talked About Again™. Last night, I invented an easy dinner recipe success (hooray!) that I like to call: Lemon Garlic Monterey Jack Chicken!
The key is to put the cheese on top of the chicken breasts about 5 minutes before they are done baking. Then it melts all over it in an ooey-gooey way without burning and being gross. Yum. Super easy dinner for busy nights! Pair with some green beans and wild rice, or other veggies, and you’ve got a gourmet meal on a like, Tuesday. You’re welcome.
- Fresh chicken boobs (up to you how many)
- Minced garlic
- Lemon Pepper Mrs. Dash seasoning
- Black pepper
- Sliced Monterey Jack cheese (like these yummy Cracker Barrel ones!)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Rinse and pat dry your chicken boobs, and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Rub a bit of minced garlic on each chicken breast, as per my stellar photo example above. Then sprinkle the chicken breasts with Lemon Pepper Mrs. Dash seasoning, black pepper and oregano (don't be afraid to go all out!).
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes (times vary depending on size of chicken breasts used!). About 5 minutes before they are done, cover each chicken breast with half a slice of Cracker Barrel Monterey Jack cheese slices.
- Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Ding! Enjoy!