Easy Balsamic Chicken
I’m addicted to balsamic vinegar. Seriously. I put it on everything – potatoes (try it, so good), salad, fish, chicken, pork tenderloin, veggies… everything. It’s also one of my favourite things to add to chicken for a quick, tasty dinner. This easy balsamic chicken dish paired with some potatoes and steamed veggies is a super yummy and super fast weeknight meal. Definitely one of my faves after a long day at the office.
Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
It doesn’t just taste awesome, it’s actually good for you too, according to this article from Livestrong.com:
- It’s a natural appetite suppressant.
- It’s a source of calcium, iron, potassium and manganese.
- It contains polyphenols, antioxidants that can protect the body from heart disease and cancer.
So here is the recipe for my tasty balsamic chicken, in all its simplicity. Hey, I never claimed I was a fancy pants chef… I’m a simple hearted girl.
- Chicken boob
- Balsamic vinegar
- Green onions (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put your chicken breast on a baking sheet, then smotha that motha in balsamic vinegar (okay, gingerly coat it). Sprinkle some oregano and black pepper on top. Optionally, add green onion.
- Bake in the oven until cooked and no longer pink inside, about 30 minutes for a 7oz chicken breast (ovens may vary). Enjoy!