I’m not much of a smoothie person, really. I find them time-consuming and messy to make and generally I like eating solid foods. I’ll save the liquid diet for when I’m 89 and my teeth fall out, thanks. However, I make an exception sometimes. Mostly when I am craving something like ice cream or chocolate and don’t have the room for the extra macros of the “real deal”. So I invented this triple-threat craving crusher: the Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana (peeled, although I shouldn’t have to tell you that!)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use Kaizen Naturals)
- 1 cup/250mL unsweetened almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter (or a full tbsp if you like to live dangerously)
- a bunch of ice (I like lots so it comes out with an almost ice-cream like texture, and kinda chunky. Mostly chunky because I have a crappy blender. But it tastes good!)
- Optional: 2 tsp of cocoa powder for an extra-chocolatey taste! Did I say optional? Ummm yeah. You should do that.
Macros: 310 kcal, 33 carbs, 9 fat, 28 protein, 4 fibre
Blend it up and enjoy! Perfect for a post-workout treat on a hot summer day! If you use frozen banana, it will come out thicker like a milkshake. If not, more liquidey and easier to drink. Totally up to you, I like it either way. Let me know if you try it!