I always see other bloggers sharing awesome photos from their lives, so I thought, why don’t I do the same? Because I like it. I often snap quick pictures (yes, with my phone, ugh) of interesting things I see and one of the reasons I started this blog was to help me become a better photographer too. No, I don’t mean like a professional, I’ll probably never get there, but to at least make my everyday shots look good and improve my skills. Hooray for skills.
These past few months have been really transformative for me. Literally. It’s like I’m becoming a new person. I have to sort out complicated finances and tax situations for this year, when previously it was “income in, expenses out, now order a pizza”. I started going to see a counsellor. Nope, I’m not a nutbar, just wanted to improve my emotional intelligence and life skills. (Fun fact: I am also a bit of a nutbar. Isn’t everyone?) Lots of stuff goin’ on!
Here’s what my life has been made of lately:
- 1. My cat became a senior citizen with her 12th birthday. Awww.
- 2. My boyfriend and I bought a townhouse together – woo! We move in June. Goodbye analogue elevator in my 1950s shanty apartment!
- 3. I’ve still found time to explore Vancouver and drink delicious beer at Tap & Barrel (mmm! good food too!).
- 4. I drove my car onto a pedestrian-only walkway by the Vancouver Seawall in order to have my car-baby in an auto show. (Don’t worry, that’s a whale made out of Lego!)
- 5. I found my new favourite brand of clean eating chocolate bar: Giddy YoYo. They are so delicious (and Canadian made, woo!). And dangerously for chocoholics like me, they allow you to order online!
- 6. I had a perfect hair bun day. Sigh. They are so few and far between.
- 7. Oh yeah, and the Olympic Torch in Coal Harbour is pretty cool too.
- 8. And lastly, I discovered that my cat goes nuts for avocado. Like in a run into your dinner plate, crawl in your face, get that avocado in any way possible, fight to survive type of way. Is this normal (probably not)? Are avocados bad for cats? It alarms me that I found no results for that search term on Google. She must be a California Siamese.
Finally, it feels like spring is finally here – hooray. What’s been the highlight of your week so far?